3.25.2011

Oh, hey. It's been a while.

I once read that you should never apologize for a long gap in blogging. So I won't. I never read that you can't hand out excuses for it though -- so I will.

I've been busy, busy, busy. Daphne, freelancing, having the flu, and keeping up with general household duties have kept me away from EDI. I've thought about it, wanted to do something about it, and instead have plopped down on the couch after a busy day and watched TV. I'm on top of things now, and it's Friday, so here I am!

The photos haven't stopped around here. I always find time to grab my camera. And with Daphne's mobility increasing with each day, I'm having more fun photographing her. It's a bit more challenging because she NEVER sits still anymore, but fun nonetheless. She is crawling, pulling herself up, gravitating towards electrical outlets, and feeding herself finger foods. All of these things happened so quickly, and almost simultaneously. Sometimes I just stare at her wondering what she is going to do next. She probably thinks I'm a bit creepy.

I took these photos last Friday, when the weather was perrrrrrrfect. I laid a blanket out on our deck (not because I wanted it to look pretty, although that was a nice bonus, but because the wood is very splintery) and we "played". Parts of the day were overcast -- which makes for great lighting. There is almost always brightening up to do, as you can see. And of course, I had to throw in a B&W for good measure. Everyone knows those are my faves.

Hoping we can get back outside soon. Spring is here, but it really isn't. Such a tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment