5.13.2011

Bye-bye wine rack. Hello, wall collage.





We've been wanting to do this for quite some time, in fact – dare I say it – we thought about doing it before YHL went all out and did it. A variation of the wall collage was in my photo book, the one I talked about here. After seeing the gallery that YHL created, seeing ours may be quite anti-climatic. Our wall is smaller and our collage is still in the works. We plan to add as we go.

I'll be honest here. We don't usually do things the way you are "supposed to". I'm an eyeball-it kind of gal. Brian holds the frame up where I want it and he puts an indentation in the wall with the nail. It's very technical and very exact. We didn't go out and buy new frames – we used what we already had. Some were dark brown, some multi-colored. We painted them all the same bright white and went on our way. We even painted one of them the same color of our bedroom. I think we are finally getting to the bottom of that paint can.

As you can probably guess, we already have wall-to-wall photos of Daphne, our family, our friends, Daphne, us, Daphne, Daphne, and Daphne. I went searching for keepsakes we could frame in lieu of photos. I came up with a 1st anniversary card (from Brian) and a Costa Rica postcard from our trip a few years ago. I hope to add more things like those as the years go on. In the mix – a photo of us from Senior Week circa 2001 and Junior Prom circa 2000. There aren't many any photos of that caliber gracing the walls of the Packer household. And probably for good reason...

I should add that the wall ended up so empty because we were forced to move our wine rack down to the basement where Daphne can't get to it. It was just a matter of time. And we knew it.

P.S. Points to the person who noticed the new button on my sidebar. Even more points to the person who visits MRG Foto. I studied Graphic Design with Micky in college and was always an admirer of his work. His photos are stunning – see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment